Thursday, September 3, 2009

Moldy, stinky front load washing machine? Meet MagicEra Washing Balls!

We were so happy to replace our top loader washer and old dryer when we moved into our new house. However, we soon learned that there was a price to pay for that nice front loading washing machine - I had to keep the door open and clean the boot regularly. Then there were the stinky towels... sigh...

I was happy when a product came out that I could use in the washer that would help keep down the mold and mildew.

However, when my sister told me I should try something really different, I sort of brushed her off. Then I researched it a bit, and found I could purchase them locally.

So I did, and yesterday I returned my regular laundry detergent to the store.


I've used these washing balls (Magic Era) for a few weeks now, I still separate my laundry into colours, but I run all my loads as Normal - 45 minutes, instead of Custom (as long as I could set the washer) - 1.5 hours. I use vinegar in the softener container, throw in 1 or 2 washing balls, depending upon the size of the load, and my clothes seem to be getting clean!

I tried soaking for an hour for dirty socks, and that helps too.

Of course, in my dryer I use dryer balls...

I got my washing balls at my local Home Hardware - they had to special order them in.

I'm finding that my washing machine is not nearly as stinky, and hopefully the mold problem is a lot less.

Has anyone else tried these?

No comments: