Friday, August 28, 2009

Gluten Free Pasta

OK, I admit it, I'm not a big fan of pasta, but shortly after we went gluten free I picked up a hand crank pasta maker as I figured I would be looking to use one.

I do not like the texture of white rice pasta, esp. in my soup, I would rather eat rice in there.

I've heard that brown rice and brown rice/spinach pasta are not bad.

Now my youngest daughter loves her chicken noodle soup, so, what to do?

The other day I got an offer in my email from Katie Ross, to try out her gluten free eBooks - she has 3 sets of eBooks, baking (I already have), pizza/pasta and cooking - for $1 each for a week.

I chose the pizza/pasta set, and dived into the pasta book - I'd not read anything this detailed for pasta yet. Lots of pictures, tips and explanations.

So yesterday, I dived in, first I messed up the recipe (bye bye 3 eggs...), but then I made successful dough, with the generous use of lots of sweet rice flour, using the pasta maker was quite simple (much to my surprise!).

My daughter used some noodles fresh in her soup for lunch and I'm drying the rest (takes approx. 24 hours apparently), and then I can store them in the cupboard - as my fridge/freezer are way too full.

Thanks Katie Ross!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hooray for a blog! I find it kind of fun and educational! :)